May 26, 2008

Impressions de la semaine finale. This may come off as emo…

Dread, with which you wake each morning. Almost turning these last few days of paradise into an ironic torture-session. What a drama-whore I am.

Tears, not yet mine, but flowing unbidden in certain moments. Lauren, first to depart, first goodbye. Lani, crying on the dance floor at la Voile.

Lasts, last supper in Batiment K. Last Monday. Last… everything.

Such a dramatic Change.

_________________________________________________
Viva la vida - Coldplay

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sweep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of sand, pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can not explain
Once you know there was never,
never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world(Ohhh)

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People could not believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries Wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can not explain
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world
______________________________________________________

Ever find that the time when you’re supposed to be working is when you’ll get the most inspired to blog/write/sing/clean? What is with this natural instinct of procrastination?!

I was just thinking about Léouli’s music, and some of the things he says often, about the White man having colonized him and about getting in touch with his true roots and his origins and all that. As I listen to his music and think simply to myself, wow I’ve always loved this ethnic type of music. Again establishing a difference. How horrible. Am I just an icon of the “White man” who colonized Léouli’s country? But I think that it’s all bullshit. In the measure that I am a socials student and that I don’t believe in instincts, and I believe in “nutrue” rather than “nature”, the eternal debate, I can’t really agree with the idea that we have ingrained cultural/religious/etc roots in us. That our original way of thought is ALTERED by another… Like the “aboriginals” being brainwashed by the Anglo-saxons. I don’t really feel that that applies to today’s world. It is too easy to say that. It’s so easy to blame someone else. What is not easy is expressing what I think about this. I’ve never been gifted for expression.

Like in most things in life. I’ll get the point, but miss the form altogether. Content more than container for me.

But that’s beside the point. I suppose what I’m trying to say is… OH, I’ve found the opposite. When Alex W. talks, excusing himself in advance to any misgivings or misunderstandings which could be interpreted from his words, he seems less sure of himself. He still expresses himself well, though, that’s not what I’m saying. See, I just did like him! Hahaha. Anyways, we talked about this, and it seems, to him, that he does this in a way because of who he is: mid/upper-class white English male. And so anything he says can be taken against him, because his type is most often the colonizer, never the victim. Basically, he’s got everything going for him. And as such, his opinions are apparently less valid than those who have lived hardship. Indeed. The “you don’t know what it’s like”. And we wont. I’ll never know what its like to be racially discriminated in the way the Blacks in the States or the Arabs in France are. Guys’ll never truly understand what its like walking alone in a dark street, the fear of the unknown possibilities creeping up on you, men following you. Most of us who can read my blog will never know what it’s like to not know where your next meal will be coming from.

I’m all for history and understanding your roots, but I think that this is a little bit over the line. We are in the opposite of colonialism at this point, concerning people my age, I find...

Je ne suis plus en mesure de continuer ces penses pour l'instant present...